Website Boulder Media
ROLE: 1st ASSISTANT EDITOR
REPORTING TO: LEAD EDITOR
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a self-motivated Assistant Editor the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time. The position of 1st Assistant Editor requires someone with a thorough knowledge of Avid Media Composer, with several years of experience in a similar role working in Feature Film.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Manage media across the production from all departments.
· Co-ordinate tasks and distribute Editing workload
· Provide assistance and training as required
· Communicate with all departments with updates of changes as they arise
· Organize AVID sequences and bins efficiently and effectively.
· Source and tracklay sound effects, music, dialogue
· Create temporary sound and visual effects.
· Update timelines and export latest cuts for internal and external purposes.
· Ingest and organize audio files from voice records for online edit as per Lead Editor.
· Assemble scenes in the Avid by working closely with the Lead Editor, and other Editors.
Skills & Requirements
· 10+ years experience as Assistant or VFX Editor (preferably Feature experience)
· Significant experience working with Avid Media Composer
· Experience working within feature animation and/or VFX pipelines
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
· Familiarity with multiple codecs and formats
· Strong technical skills and knowledge
· Time management skills
· Strong attention to detail