Website Brown Bag Films
We Love Animation
Brown Bag Films seeks a highly organized teammate to assist the writing team on a 78 x 7 minutes animated 2D series!
Who we are?
– One of the top-performing animation studios operating worldwide
– Creators of well-loved cartoons for kids and grownups in a fast-paced & energised environment
– Award-winning dog lovers, artists, charity activists, amateur boxers (!), tech gurus and a phenomenal teammates
– Pencil wielding, spreadsheet loving, people-focused do-ers who care about their work and how it has an effect on other
– Driven, engaged, passioned, proactive, collaborative & conscious of our individual impact as part of the whole
Description of our ideal candidate:
You are organized, detail-oriented and self-directed with strong verbal and written communication skills. A flexible thinker with a positive attitude who can anticipate needs and prioritize tasks as they arise within a fast-paced schedule.
Responsibilities will include
– Manage the day-to-day writing schedule, including writers’ assignments and deadlines, serving as the point of contact for scheduling and coordinating all writing meetings
– Keep all crucial digital documents and assets organized and readily accessible
– Copy-edit & distribute scripts to the appropriate partners
– Collate script feedback from appropriate partners in preparation for weekly writing meetings
– Take notes in writing meetings to help, suggest script changes
– Edit & format final production scripts and related deliverables
– Schedule required meetings, attend and take notes
– Maintain script tracking documents, including episodic writing credits & the Writing Tracker to be delivered with final production script deliveries
– Craft episodic one-sheets and synopses and write teaser scripts
– Interact with external writers regarding scripting approval achievements for invoicing purposes and make sure that writers invoice within a week of invoice request; track invoices received from writers, update writers on outstanding invoices, as needed
– Preparing materials for the voice records, setting up character sides, and distribution of music and lyric sheets
– Additional duties as deemed vital
Knowledge, skills and experience
– Minimum 1-year previous production experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Final Draft
– Forward-thinking, ground-breaking attention to detail with outstanding organizational skills
– Ability to juggle multiple tasks with various deadlines
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
– Self-motivated to seek tasks even when they aren’t assigned
– Interest in and familiarity with children’s media
All applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland and currently based in Ireland!
During COVID-19 restrictions, the successful candidate will first start remotely and then will require being in the Dublin studio on a full-time basis when restrictions are removed.
Brown Bag Films is an equal opportunities employer that takes diversity and inclusion seriously. As a company, we provide high-quality kids’ content, and we seek to have diverse characters so that all our audience feel represented. We also want the same for our own workforce, and Brown Bag Films is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all social groups are represented.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.